DIY Thestral From Harry Potter

My friend wanted an Thestral for her annual Harry Potter party. She bought a horse skeleton from Home Depot, which she spray painted black, but asked me to add wings.

Unfortunately I don’t think you can get these any more, but I think there is a skeleton unicorn that might work!

I made the base of the wings with PVC that I molded by heating over the fire pit (carefully!!) and then spray painted those black. Then I used Halloween cloth and spray adhesive to attach the material for the wings. And it turned out pretty good!

Not bad for an afternoon of work!

Then I attached the wings with some wire for a pretty decent final effect!

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s